Home

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Road of Bones by Christopher Golden

 


I am choosing this book to launch my book reviews for my blog because it was probably my favorite book, I read in 2022. I am also using this as a post because I have been waiting for his new book that was released today “All Hollows”. According to the book’s description, “Kolyma Highway, otherwise known as the Road of Bones, is a 1200 mile stretch of Siberian road where winter temperatures can drop as low as sixty degrees below zero. This is the setting of the story and Christopher Golden does a great job describing the area and made it come off the page. The main character, Felix Teigland, is hoping to make a documentary about the famed road, however, he soon finds out that he may have bit off more than he could chew this time. He and his camera man end up in an abandoned town (I love abandoned areas as a setting) and this is just the beginning of the strangeness they will face. The characters are well written and fleshed out. The pacing is excellent, it slows down when it needs to build tension and ramps up when you think it is safe for the characters. The only thing that is keeping this from being a perfect book for me is because I was hoping to get more of the lore explained in this book. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a good read on a cold day. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment