Home

Friday, March 31, 2023

Curse of the Reaper by Brian McAuley

 

The book flap reads that it is like a cross between Scream and The Shinning. I think a better movie to described mixed with the shinning would be Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Howard played The Reaper years ago in a series of films, when studio execs want to reboot it with a new actor playing The Reaper, Howard has to come to terms with it. Trevor, the new actor for The Reaper, also has his personal demons to face while trying to make the part his. What follows is a psychological and supernatural story about passing the torch…or the chains so to speak. It was a little predictable as I said it feels like New Nightmare, but in a good way. I loved the story of New Nightmare with the mythology (I know I am in the minority on this) and Curse of the Reaper scratches the itch for another story like it. 3.5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment