Home

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Hide by Kiersten White

 


A game of hide and seek in an abandoned amusement park, the last person found will win a large sum of money. The premise and the beginning of the novel reminded me of the movie The Running Man. The contestants were given time to run and hide from the seekers. The seekers however are not what they seem. Unfortunately, like a decommissioned roller coaster, it started off exciting but then could not keep that feeling going. The writing was fine, but the characters were a mix of fleshed out and being one dimensional. All the characters in my opinion were very stereotypical architypes you might see on any reality show. Some may argue that it would lend some authenticity to the story, however, mixed with the flat characters it just came off as cheap. I did like the premise and the pacing of the book, so that gives it some weight in my rating of it. It was an average book at best, I think if the characters were not so bland, I might have cared what happened to them. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment