Home

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Gwendy’s Magic Feather by Richard Chizmar



 I was a bit disappointed with the second outing for Gwendy. After a great first story, this one felt a bit different and did not have the same mysterious feel as the first book. In this novel Gwendy is in her thirties and is living the life of a politician. She heads back to Castle Rock to lend a hand in finding out what is going on that is causing some people to go missing. The story is much slower going than the Button Box. It seemed like it could have moved more quickly if it was the same length as the previous book. It was a little hard to get through as well because it lacked the same mysteriousness of the Button Box and to me, lacked the charm of the first story. It was an average story, but I probably would not have continued reading the story if I knew it was not part of a trilogy. If it was a standalone book, I probably would not have finished it. 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment