Home

Friday, March 17, 2023

Sea Salt's Purr-fect Mystery by Suzanne Rothman

 


This review will be a little different to what I normally review but I felt with my over twenty years in the educational field I should branch out some and review books that may be beneficial to parents and educators. This is a review for an ARC.

Sea Salt the Chocolate Point Himalayan cat has gone missing. Hattie goes looking for her and runs into a group of friends who offer their sleuthing skills to help locate Sea Salt. What follows is a story that encourages the readers (and listeners) to use some problem-solving skills, self-reliance, and critical thinking on lending a hand themselves in finding what happened to Sea Salt. This is the part where the book shines. I have seen very little children’s books that incorporates the child to do extra thinking while learning to read. The extra learning exercises at the end of the book are a plus. The only negative thing I would say about the book is while most of the rhyming words were great, some felt like a stretch. The book is great for emerging and new readers. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment