Home

Friday, April 14, 2023

Greedy as a Ghoul: Prequel Short Story to Malfus - Necromancer Unchained by Casey Sutton

 


I am not a huge fan of reading fantasy because I have trouble with some of the fantasy terms used that are understood by fans but not really explained to new readers (I get it though it would bog a book down to define each fantasy term). However, the name and description of the book intrigued me enough to want to read an advanced copy of this short story. The action is well written and reminded me of some of the action from the Castlevania Netflix show and the stories of Solomon Kane. The short story did not flesh out the Character Malfus since he had little interaction with other people, so I am unsure if he will be a character I care for or one that I will find annoying after a few chapters. I am adding the full story on my to-read list but not sure if it will jump to the top of the pile. 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment