Home

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Birdbox by Josh Malerman

 


Birdbox does a lot of things right in the way I love reading stories. The horror in the book that is making people go insane when they view it, the mysterious things are teased but never shown, leaving it up to the reader to imagine what it could be. In this way the reader almost feels like they are blindfold as well to the horror that is in book. The characters in the book, for the most part, are given enough backstory and personality to care about them while a couple were not as fleshed out so I felt no connection to them. There is enough mystery and suspense to keep the readers engaged to continue reading. I’m not a huge fan of books that jump from then and now time periods, but this book does it in a right way that I looked forward to the next time it would shift time periods because I was invested on what happened before and what will happen in the now. 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment