Home

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman

 


Here is a book that I did not know I had an emptiness for. Ever since reading Between Two Fires I have been looking for a medieval horror story to fill the void. This book has it all from historical fiction, to adventure, various haunting entities and more. Some parts of the book kept me reading well late into the night because I needed to see where it was going next. Other parts were so well written that I had a sense of dread as if I was right there in the story. At some points the book got a little long but it is easily overshadowed by all the other good things the book does right. There were scenes in the book that I feel could have been their own stand alone story and be fleshed out more and I so wish that I could find more like it that gave me all the feelings that this book did. 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment