Home

Friday, May 12, 2023

Game of Survival (Voracious World Book 1) by Dune Chambers



 *I got a free advanced copy for an honest review.

When the Walking Dead television series there seemed to be an influx of zombie books to capitalize on its popularity. It has been a while since I read a zombie series because I wanted to leave the theme for a while to cleanse my palette so to speak. When I came across this novella that is a part of a series, I thought it might be a good time to jump back in with zombie stories. This Game of Survival has an interesting premise of a second wave of undead after the first initial phase. Kind of like an aftershock following an earthquake. It would be interesting to see how the survivors would react to having to go through the experience again. The problem with the book in my opinion is that I found it hard to believe that the main characters survived the first event. They are constantly making mistakes of getting into situations where you wonder how they survived at all. I look forward to the day when I read a series that keeps me engaged, unfortunately this series is not one to do it. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment